I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure
I admit I don’t get to do them quite as often as I’d like (hello, busy mama here) but I love a good face mask. I’ve already shared a few of my favorite face masks on the blog like my activated charcoal face mask and my detoxifying face mask.
Today, I’m adding one more fun and beneficial face mask to the records: my Green Goddess Spirulina Face Mask! This mask is a oh so lovely shade of green but the lovely hue is not the only reason to love this face mask!
Many of you have likely heard of spirulina because it’s one of the currently popular “super foods”. It’s packed with nutrients that can really help your body.
Usually you only heard about how to add it to your diet. You don’t hear much about using it topically. However, often times the super foods for our diet are also super foods for our skin!
Benefits of a Spirulina Face Mask
- Spirulina is full of chlorophyll (hence the green) which strengthens skin tissue.
- Antibacterial which can help get rid of acne.
- Great to help soothe sensitive skin.
- Very rich in antioxidants which may help reduce sun damage and aging skin.
- Helps skin retain elasticity and moisturizes.
Green Goddess Spirulina Face Mask
Mix all ingredients until you have a nice paste. Apple to clean skin with fingers or a face brush.
Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water.