I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure
Men, it’s time to ignore this post. It’s full of girl talk and detailed enough that even the girls may think is a bit TMI. We, women have a wonderful life. Once a month we get to deal with this unpleasant little event that we call our period. It’s annoying to say the least. You have to make sure you have all your feminine products stocked up, run to the store if you are out, and then there’s the fact that those feminine products can contain some not so nice ingredients.
Take tampons for instance… Did you know that tampons can contain synthetic materials, bleach, and dioxin? Then there is the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome. I’m sorry but I shouldn’t need a warning label on a product that I will be putting in my body! What is a girl to do? Isn’t there an eco-friendly, healthier way to deal with this time of the month?
Let me introduce you to menstrual cups!
Menstrual cups are a reusable flexable cup that you insert and unlike tampons which absorb menstrual fluid, these babies collect it.
So menstrual cups are similar to tampons. Yes, they are inserted into the same place and they have the same purpose but they are also very different. Let’s that a look at why you should switch to a menstrual cup for your period.
Why You Should Switch to a Menstrual Cup for Your Period
- You can wear a menstrual cup for up to 12 hours straight! Good luck doing that with a tampon!
- You can sleep in a menstrual cup. Gone are the days of having to switch over to pads for the night.
- Menstrual cups do not absorb moisture so you won’t have that dry discomfort that tampons can cause.
- You can use a menstrual cup anywhere, anytime. No need to worry about leaks!
- Nothing felt. Once you get used to a menstrual cup, you won’t even realize it’s there.
- Menstrual cups are reusable. No monthly purchases, no creating more waste. Menstrual cups can last for several years!
- Menstrual cups come in a fun colors! Ok, so it’s not a major benefit but if you have to have a period, it might as well have something fun involved!
What makes SckoonCup my cup of choice?
- SckoonCup is made from one single piece of silicone unlike some other brands that are multiple parts fused together.
- No seams and a smooth rim means SckoonCup won’t cause irritation.
- SckoonCup has a smooth, softer stem so there’s no poking you as you move.
- Suction holes are build into the mold – not drilled in later. This means it’s completely smooth.
- Suction holes are also placed closer to the rim so that SckoonCup can hold more while still feeling like a smaller cup.
- Made in the USA
All of these reasons are why I love using SckoonCup.
I’ve always been a tampon kind of girl but I hate wasting money and I definitely do not like using toxic products! Using a SckoonCup can take a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of folding it (there are many folding methods), putting it in, and taking it out – your life becomes so much easier!
Now that you know why you should switch to a menstrual cup for your period will you be making the switch?