Ladies, do you hate creating so much waste every 28 days? All our lives, we’ve been brought up to believe that these disposable pads are what we have to use for our periods but that’s not the case! There is an eco-friendly reusable option!
Now I know what you are thinking, there’s a little bit of a gross factor but it’s really not that gross. I mean, if you’re underwear gets stained during that time of the month, you don’t throw those out do you? Cloth pads are the same way.
Why cloth pads are the better option
- Cloth pads save you money. Did you know the average women spends over $100 on disposable feminine products?
- Cloth pads are non-toxic. Disposable pads are full of bleach, perfumes, dioxin, and SAPs (you know that gel like stuff that is in disposable diapers? Yeah, that’s SAPs.) Cloth pads are made of nice normal material. If you go with SckoonPads, then you have the assurance that even the material is safe since it’s organic; unlike non-organic materials that probably contain pesticides.
- Cloth pads are more comfortable. Disposable pads can be scratchy. Cloth is soft and smooth.
Why do I like SckoonPads?
- SckoonPads come in fun prints. It’s not the most important reason but if I can have fun prints and colors in everything else I wear; why not my cloth pads?
- SckoonPads have a unique design in that you can just switch out the liners instead of the entire pad. Less to carry around, less washing.
- I can customize how many layers I have in my SckoonPad. For heavy flow days, I just add in an extra liner, for very light days I can even ditch the liners and just use the pad part as a pantyliner.
- SckoonPads have a waterproof polyurethane sheet sewn in between the organic layers. This means I get the benefit of a leak proof pad but only organic materials touch my body.
- The new SckoonPad liners snap in so I don’t have to worry about them moving around.
- The pads can last for 6-8 years! That’s a lot of money I will save!
You can get a 10% discount if you use The Pistachio Project’s referral code: 04HATP.