As I mentioned in my Crunchy Gift Guide for Kids
, gift giving can be difficult to do while staying crunchy. Babies and toddlers need safe gifts more than anyone as their little bodies are more susceptible to toxins and chemicals. It might be easy to just give in to the plethora of plastic toys but I think the safety of our little ones should make the extra effort of shopping consciously worth it.
In light of how difficult crunchy gift giving can be, I thought I’d share some crunchier gift ideas that I’ve come across. This crunchy gift guide is focused solely on kids. Now not all these toys are 100% flawless, some may be made in China although with many safety checks, some may be in the cheaper category of wood, etc. There are also some gifts that are pretty pricey and some that are reasonably priced. You can use my list as a starting point but I do still recommend looking into the toys/companies more so that you know if they fully meet your own personal requirements.
Crunchy Gift Guide for Babies & Toddlers
Plan Toys Stacking Ring
– Made of wood and painted in different colors, your child will learn not only how to stack rings but learn their colors as well. Age: 18 months and up
Juratoys Letters and Numbers Blocks
– Blocks with letters and numbers on each side in bright colors encourage your child to learn their alphabet and numbers while also being able to build towers. Made in France from wood and with water-based paints. Age: 18 months and up
Dandelion Classic Plush Duck
– Looking for a stuffed animal that doesn’t use polyfill? Try this adorable duck which is made of organic cotton and corn fiber filling! Age: Newborn and up
B. Zany Zoo Activity Cube
– This activity cube will keep your child busy for hours. Five different activity sides to choose from and no plastic to be found. Age: 1 – 3 years
Haba Salto Clutching Toys
– There are many teething toys out there but most are plastic. Made in Germany, Haba makes great wooden toys that are great for clutching and teething. Age: 6 months and up
Hape Little Copter
– Who says helicopters, planes, and cars need to be made of plastic? Check out this adorable copter to see how amazing wood can look! Age: 10 months – 3 years
Hazelaid Amber Teething Necklace
– Alright so this gift isn’t a toy but who said babies need toys for their gifts? Any teething baby and their parents would love to get an amber teething necklace to help ease the process of getting those adorable teeth. Age: 3 months and up…. although teething usually happens around 4 months and lasts till around 2 years.
Plan Toys Assorted Fruits and Vegetables
– Made of organic recycled rubberwood, your child will enjoy playing with these fruits and veggies. Child can actually cut through the food as they are held together by velcro. Age: 3 years and up
This post may contain affiliate links, for which I will earn rewards or compensation if you make a purchase (thank you for supporting The Pistachio Project). I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR Part 225, Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.