Once you’ve gone through all the cloth diaper options and finally settled on diving in, it can be daunting trying to figure out just what you actually need. Do you really need every single diaper and accessory? How many diapers DO you really need?
Cloth Diaper Necessities
- 12 Diapers per child per wash day. (if you want to wash every other day then you need 24, if you want to wash every 3 days then you need 36) Since this is an every other day list, you would need 24 diapers.
- 24-36 Cloth wipes
- Cloth wipe solution or just plain water
- 2-6 Doublers/Boosters – for adding absorbency to diapers.
- Diaper pail with 1-2 diaper pail liners OR 1-2 Hanging Wet Bag
- 1 small or medium Wet Bag (for when you are out and about)
- Cloth Diaper approved laundry detergent
- Cloth Diaper safe diaper cream – my preference is coconut oil.
Nice To Have But Not Necessities:
- Diaper Sprayer
- More diapers, shells, covers. All you need are the basic 24 but it helps to have more so that you put less wear and tear on the diapers or just in case you can’t get to the laundry in time.
That sounds simple enough right? It really and truly is. Give cloth diapering a try if you have not done so yet; you will not regret it.